Saturday 20 August 2016

Another YLG

It was very windy this morning so I went down to Exmouth sea front in hope that there would be some seabirds on show , the first thing I did was go through a pack of gull`s on the shore but there was nothing except Black-Headed Gull`s so I had a look at the sea but all I could see was half a dozen Northern Gannet , a single Black-Legged Kittiwake , a Great Skua and 3 Sandwich Tern , I then met up with a mate and we went and had a look at the Exmouth Cricket Pitch where this Juvenile Yellow-Legged Gull was showing well in with a small flock of Herring Gull`s and I was happy to be able to get these nice shots of it .
I then headed for home stopping on the way to have a look at Bowling Green Marsh where I saw 2 Spotted Redshank , 2 Common Sandpiper , an adult and a juvenile Little Ringed Plover , a Mediterranean Gull and my first Yellow Wagtail of the autumn !

No comments:

Post a Comment