Friday 7 October 2016

Sabine`s Gull

I decided to go down to Berry Head again this morning to see if I could get some more shots of the Blyth`s Reed Warbler but on getting there I met up with an old birding mate Pete Dennis ( more rarer in these parts than the BRW lol ) anyway he told me that there was no sign of the bird this morning so I went out to the point and did a sea watch , the weather was not very good with heavy rain at times and in one of the squalls a pristine juvenile Sabine`s Gull passed by quite close heading south , I was over the moon with this as the last one I saw was at Exmouth in 2011 , also seen were numerous Northern Gannet , a light phase Arctic Skua and a few Common Guillemots , also seen were 2 Harbour Porpoise  .
I then went and had a look at the quarry where there was no sign of the BRW but a Yellow-Browed Warbler showed very well , note the slight crown stripe on the last photo reminiscent of Pallas`s Leaf Warbler , also seen where a few Common Chiffchaffs , a Firecrest and a male Blackcap and a Eurasian Hobby passed by overhead .

No comments:

Post a Comment