Tuesday 17 January 2017

Bonaparte`s Gull

Getting out early pay`s off  sometimes and this morning was just one of those days ! as I had gone down to Bowling Green Marsh for a look and I found the adult winter Bonaparte`s Gull sat on the water with a few Black-Headed Gull`s at 9.05 but they were not there for long after I found them as they flew off towards Goosemoor , I went and had a look to see if it was in there but couldn't find it again .
Also seen on BGM today were 4 male and a female Northern Pintail , a male Tufted Duck , numerous Pied Avocet & Black-Tailed Godwit , 20+ Bar-Tailed Godwit and 3 Mistle Thrush .
I then got some news that there was some Bohemian Waxwing`s showing at Darts Farm so I went to look for them but they had flown off before I got there , so I went to the Recreation Ground in Topsham and I saw the long staying female Long-Tailed Duck , a female Common Goldeneye and the Yellow-Browed Warbler was still feeding in the park by the zip wire .

No comments:

Post a Comment