Wednesday 11 January 2017

Waxwing`s Here at Last !!!

First thing this morning I had a look at Goosemoor in Topsham where the Spotted Redshank was showing well with a Common Greenshank , I then went and had a look at the Exe Estuary from the Goatswalk in Topsham where I saw 300+ Pied Avocet , 60+ Bar-Tailed Godwit , 24 Red Knot , 2 Ruddy Turnstone and on the other side of the estuary there was 50+ European Golden Plover .
I then decided to go for a look at the Exminster Marshes but just as I was turning into the marsh my phone went off telling me that there was some Bohemian Waxwing near Cockwood so off I went for them and when I got there I managed to see 12 of these superb looking birds , this is a bird that you never get tired of seeing and hearing their call .

No comments:

Post a Comment