Monday 27 March 2017

Whimbrel

I went down to my local patch Bowling Green Marsh just after first light this morning to catch the high tide and the birding was quite good for a while before the sun came up , as at the marsh we are blighted with the sun shining right in our faces first thing in the morning plus the birds always being quite a distance from the hide......but still its the best birding spot around here !
Anyway I saw a superb 1st winter Bonaparte`s Gull ( They seem to be annual on the marsh now ) , the 1st winter Little Gull , 20+ Bar-Tailed Godwit , 2 Common Snipe , my 1st Whimbrel of the year that flew over the marsh calling , 5 Common Sand Martin and a Barn Swallow .
I then went up to Woodbury Common where I saw a Great Grey Shrike that showed very well !( Good to see one in Devon again ) ....also seen were 2 Holly Blue Butterflies .

No comments:

Post a Comment