Tuesday 3 October 2017

Richards Pipit again !

This morning this Mistle Thrush was outside of my house in the Topsham Cemetery grounds , I then went down to the top fields at Orcombe Point to relook for yesterdays Richard`s Pipit , I got out of the car and immediately had quite a few pipits flying over the car , I walked towards where they had flown and then at around 8.30 I put some up from the ground by the water trough , there was 9 Meadow Pipits and in with them was the Richard`s Pipit and it was great to see the size difference again and to hear that harsh shreeee call as they flew off back towards Gore Lane .The bird is very illusive but once it flies there is just quite a lot of ground it can go too with some of it out of bounds .
While I was looking for it I saw 12 Common Chiffchaff with one of then still singing , 2 Northern Wheatear , a juvenile Whinchat and this smart Painted Lady Butterfly .

No comments:

Post a Comment