Friday 16 March 2018

Lesser Spotted Woodpecker

A quick early morning look at Bowling Green Marsh got me 2 new in Eurasian Oystercatcher and a calling Cetti`s Warbler .
After yesterdays encounter with the Great Spotted Woodpecker`s I decided to go and see if any woodpeckers were on show in Yarner Wood on the edge of Dartmoor . But the first bird that I came across was a calling Tawny Owl , I then made my way deeper into the wood and heard a calling male Lesser Spotted Woodpecker , but it took me a little while to get my eye in before I could manage to see it , and as I stood perfectly still the bird came closer allowing me to get these shots of it and as I was taking them a female bird also turned up ...perfect day lucky me .
Also seen were 5 Great Spotted Woodpecker , 2 European Green Woodpecker , 2 Eurasian Nuthatch , a Eurasian Treecreeper and a Mistle Thrush .

No comments:

Post a Comment